Aug 2021 – Present
- Identified the next biggest opportunity for Facebook to invest in for connecting people through Remote Presense.
- Discovered a critical bug in an iOS experiment that saved hundreds of thousands of people's apps from crashing.
Dec 2018 - Aug 2021
Worked on exciting A.I. projects at Uber Internal Audit and developing novel architectures to solve unprecedented problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Collaborating with global cross-functional teams to develop & implement innovative product solutions for UberEats & Rides that solve high-priority problems affecting +1.4B customers in 134 countries
- Defining problem statements, collecting data, performing behavioral/statistical analysis & making recommendations that have identified $265M worth of fraud risk exposure
- Helped Uber win the fight to operate in London & capture a $1.7B market by building & defining +60 metrics that visualize & continuously monitor Uber’s Global Software Development Lifecycle
- Researching, developing & implementing scalable deep learning models to predict the severity of safety incidents across 5K support tickets, leveraging tools like Python, Tensorflow, & SQL to cut high-severity incident response times from 6 hours to ~ 15 minutes
- Proactively led design, development & deployment of Uber Audit’s 1st end to end ML product that identified $23.7M in risk & created actionable recommendations that have been seen by data science teams at Google, Spotify, Facebook, Netflix & UC Santa Barbara
- Conducted behavior analysis across 45M users to detect fraud on UberEats platform & presented findings to Global Investigations & Anti-fraud leadership teams that will lead to smarter refund & appeasement rules
Senior Data and Analytics Specialist
Jul 2017 – Dec 2018
- Designed & implemented data-driven systems to identify gaps & increase the value of data modeling, visualization & statistical efficiency for a client operating in the US & Canada, representing $500M in revenues
- Led a team of 5 to create a standard template for data preprocessing & perform data transformations of large datasets (~300M records) using SQL, ACL, Python & Alteryx that cut down a 10 step manual process into 1 automated flow
- Created automated solutions to improve reporting & analytics for a high profile client with 15K locations, applying expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining & preprocessing, Tableau & ACL across $69M worth of assets
- Developed & designed reports, financial schedules, dashboards & analyses using a variety of data-mining & presentation tools that saved $4M in liabilities
- Developed & optimized a Python program that automated a client’s BeautifulSoup XML extraction procedures & cut processing times from 5 months to a record-low 9 minutes
Crowe Horwath, LLP
Aug 2015 – Jul 2017
- Researched and analyzed financial statements and audit related issues and proposed more efficient solutions to solve grid-locked problems.
- Performed audit procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence, conducting client inquiries and evaluating client internal control.
- Supervised and organized teams of 3 to 4 junior associates to resolve problems and achieve reporting deadlines.
- Communicated and developed working relationships with controllers, audit coordinators, and other client personnel on a daily basis to perform audit review and testing procedures.
- Built sustainable client relations through client engagements that resolve conflicts, maintaining open communications, and creating a satisfying experience with company services and post-audit services.
- Stayed abreast of industry trends and innovations and drove new analytics initiatives that contributed to business goals
Tools & Technologies
Python (Programming Language)
SQL (Presto, Hive, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
Jesse has really strong analytical skills. He knew how to identify relevant data and put numbers together in order to give a efficient synthesis of business opportunities for the specific market he was studying.
Jesse is detail oriental manager who watches the balance sheet like a hawk without losing sight of the strategic objective. He is a faster learner and a smart person.